07 July 2012

Kitchin Witchin

So today my daughter and I are tackling homemade granola for her and grain free bread for us both.  She is a huge fan of the granola cereal blends in the natural food section of our grocer.  However, for $5-$7 a pop for her faves that only give her maybe 3-4 bowls its just not worth it and has become a once in a blue moon treat.  The other blends are ho hum for her, she adores pumpkin flax granola, chocolate, anything a bit unusual, so we are going to poke through our supplies and see what we can add.  I usually keep dried dates, cranberries and raisins on hand so I'm sure those will go in and Pixie is shelling pumpkin seeds as I type.  Just bought some gluten free oats, we have organic honey and a lovely supply of local maple syrup we bought last summer so we are good to go.

As for the bread, I'll be trying this Grain-free Sandwich Bread recipe, will comment on the experience later

No comments:

Post a Comment