20 February 2012

Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken

I have a bag of Meyer lemons which smell so incredibly delicious that it had me craving lemon curd.  Being mindful once again of sugars in my diet I had to go with a different plan of attack-wooing my tastebuds with buttery lemony garlic goodness.  I don't know why I got away from chicken breasts (skin on, bone in), perhaps it was the "low fat" wave of the 90's  I've recently re-discovered the flavorful goodness of the full on chicken breast, not to mention how much more affordable it is!!  As I buy the hormone and antibiotic free chicken when I cannot get free-range or organic, boneless breast is insanely priced.

Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken

2 chicken breasts
juice of three lemons, grated peel of one
1/2c water, chicken broth or vegetable broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 TB butter, melted
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
pepper and sea salt, to taste

Preheat oven to 400* Mix above ingredients and pour into baking pan, dip in chicken breasts to coat all over and then lay in the liquid.  Cover with foil (I poked a few tiny holes) and bake for 30 min, remove foil carefully (steam), turn breasts and return to oven for another 20-30 min or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment