17 February 2012

gluten-free speed bump?

After eating the bread made from Bob's Red Mill mix I have been experiencing some oddness after.  I felt a bit of a headache last night, then again this morning after eating it.  It was after a third piece with my poached egg that I know experience this raspy, raw, *off*ness to my throat.  Something I have experienced with my shellfish allergy. Damn.

so now I have to figure out what I am reacting to, as I made pizza crust yesterday and had no troubles with it that weeds out chickpea flour, tapioca flour and xanthan gum.  What is left are two ingredients I don't have much experience, if any, in eating-fava bean flour and guar gum.  I also have to look at possible reactions with my beta blocker, which could be the fava bean flour.  That wouldn't be causing the throat reaction but could explain the headaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment