04 March 2012

Lentils, Onion and Goat Cheese Salad

Looking for affordable ways to eat well and not feel deprived I have been looking over lentil recipes (when prepared right I love them),  I am a nut for goat cheese so when I found a recipe for Lentil, Onion and Goat's Cheese Salad I tucked it in the back of my mind until last night when I was so incredibly hungry that I just HAD to have it.

The result was pretty darn good, my daughter, sister and niece all liked it as well and we sat pondering how to improve upon it.  It was lacking a little something to balance the flavor.  I added garlic powder to give it some more flavor (we also ate it warm as it was a damp, cold night and no one wanted to wait for it to cool).  I'm going to make this again soon, add fresh minced garlic and probably try some indian curry (I have a no salt blend that is divine).

This was yummy and filling not to mention gluten free and happy carb'd.

No comments:

Post a Comment